Management & Leadership
Management, Organizational Behavior, and Leadership Course
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Overview: This material covers the primary topics covered within Principles of Management & Organizational Behavior
Foundations of Management
- What is a Manager?
- What is Business Management?
- What is an Organization?
- Organizational Economics
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Two Major Views of Managers: Omnipotent and Symbolic
- Categories or Types of Manager
- How the Power and Authority of a Manager is Measured
- How Managers Delegate Authority
- Major Approaches to Management Theory
- Classical Management Theory:
- Behavioral Approaches to Management Theory
Contemporary (Modernist) Management Theories
- Understanding Contemporary Management Theories
- Drucker - Management by Objective
- Quantitative Approach to Management
- Systems Approach to Management
- Value-Based Management
- Result-Oriented Management
- Value Mapping
- Relationship Management
Planning: P-O-L-C FrameworkPlanning Process
- What is the Managerial Planning Process?
- Types of Management Planning
- Contingency Factors Affecting Management Planning
- Environmental Scanning
- What is a Vision Statement?
- What is a Mission Statement?
- What is a Values Statement?
- Organizational Goals and Objectives
- What are SMART Goals?
- Types of Business Goals
- How do Companies Set Goals?
- Time Management Models
- Management Planning and Strategy
- What is the Organizing Function of Management?
- Considerations for Organizational Design
- Common Types of Organizational Design or Structure
- Process Management
- RACI Model
- 5S Method
- Quality Circles
- Process Map
- Value Streaming Map
- What is Leading as Manager?
- Theories of Leadership
- What is the Controlling Function of Management?
- Categories of Control
- System Archetypes
- Theory of Constraints
- Areas of Management Control
- Performance Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Safety Management
- Crisis Management
- Innovation Management
- Service Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Diversity Management
- Global Management
Control and Assessment Methods
- Management Decision Making
- Management Decision-Making Models
- Approaches to Management Decision-Making
- Design Thinking
- Integrative Thinking
- Logical Incrementalism
- Whole Brain Model
- Thinker's Keys
- Six Hats Approach
- Biases and Errors in Decision Making
- Programmed and Unprogrammed Decisions
- Conditions for Management Decision Making
- Methods of Decision Making
- 8 Attributes of Management Excellence
- 5 P Model of Strategic Management
- Covey's 7 Habits
- Catalytic Mechanisms
- Change Management
- 4 Trajectories of Industry Change
- Resistance to Change
- Lewin's Three-Stage Process of Change
- What is McKinsey's 7s Model?
- Kotter's 8 Accelerators of Change
- Turnaround Management
- Organizational Capacity for Change
- Systems Thinking
- Chaos Theory
- Burke Litwin Model
- 6 Change Approaches
- ADKAR Model
- Positive Deviance Model
- Dialogic Organization Development
- Theory E and Theory O
- Iceberg of Change Management
- Roles of Managers in Organizational Change
- Change Equation
- Structuration Theory
- Learning Organization
- Types of Organizational Learning
- Action Learning
- Knowledge Management Model
- 5 Disciplines of Senge
- SECI Model
- Bridging Epistemologies Framework
- Execution as Learning
Managing Groups, and Teams
- Characteristics of Group
- Negative Effects within Groups
- Types of Groups
- How Groups Develop
- Team Characteristics
- Designing a Team
- Organizing a Team
- Team Management Profile
- Johari Window
- What is Organizational Behavior?
- Organizational Culture
- Behavior and How it Evolves
- Individual Values
- Social Networks
- Decisions Making
Theories of Leadership
- Leadership Traits Theory
- Situational Leadership / Contingency Leadership Theory
- Behavioral Approach to Leadership
- Contemporary Approaches to Leadership
- Influence and Leadership
- Other Models
- What is Employee Motivation Theory
- Needs-Based Theories of Motivation
- Process-Based Theories of Motivation
- Other Theories
- Warwick Model
- Severance Pay
- Executive Compensation Definition
- Cafeteria Plan Definition
- Golden Parachute Definition
- Longshoreman Definition
- Golden Handcuffs Definition
- Pay for Performance Definition
- Public Pension Fund Definition
- Stock Option
- Incentive Stock Option Definition
- Exercise Price or Strike Price
- Stock Options Backdating
- Gain Sharing Plan
- Succession Planning (CEO Succession)
- Burden Rate
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Voluntary Termination Definition
- Health Reimbursement Account Definition
- Absenteeism Definition
- Presenteeism Definition
- Accounting Based Incentive Definition
- Occupational Labor Mobility Definition
- Accountable Care Organization Definition
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Definition
- Employee Contribution Plan Definition
- Pension Plan Definition
- Investment Manager Compensation Definition
- Deferred Compensation Definition
- Human Resource Planning Definition
- CalPERS Definition
- Active Participant Status Definition
- Ex Gratia Payment Definition
- Peter Principle Definition
- Cash Allowance Definition
- Catch Up Contribution Definition
- Fixed Annuitization Method Definition
- Federal Employee Retirement System Definition
- Reload Option Definition
- Leadership Pipeline
- Employment Law (Intro)
- Employment Laws
- Who is an employee under the employment law?
- What characterizes the employer-employee, At-Will relationship?
- What are the major employment laws?
- What are the taxation requirements imposed upon employers?
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act (WARN Act)?
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)?
Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)?
- Active Participant Status
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Cash Balance Plan
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Blackout Period
- Benefit Allocation Method
- Multinational Pooling
- DB(k) Plan Definition
- Employee Contribution Plan
- Unit Benefit Plan
- Top Hat Plan
- Non-Discrimination Rule
- Alternative Minimum Cost Method
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)?
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Workers Compensation Laws?
- Federal Unemployment Tax Act
- State Unemployment Tax Act
- Voluntary Termination
- Employment Verification Laws?
- Workplace Privacy Laws?
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Loudermill Rights
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- What are labor laws?
- What are the major labor laws?
- What is the Norris LaGuardia Act?
- What is the National Labor Relations Act?
- Labor Management Relations Act
- Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act
- Employment Discrimination (Intro)
- What is Employment Discrimination?
- What are the major Employment Discrimination laws?
- Civil Rights Act of 1866 (1981 Actions)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Rehabilitation Act
- Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act (GINA)
- Discrimination in Health Coverage
- Uniform Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Sexual Orientation and Identification
- What is Affirmative Action?
What is employment discrimination protection under state law?
- Overview of Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964)
- What is employment discrimination under Title VII?
- How are Title VII protections enforced?
- Types of Discrimination
- What is race discrimination under Title VII?
- What is national origin discrimination under Title VII?
- What is religious discrimination Under Title VII?
- What is sex discrimination under Title VII?
- What is sexual harassment or Hostile work environment under Title VII?
- What is pregnancy discrimination under Title VII?
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Morality of Property
- Net Positive Company
- Rewards of Business Ethics
- Achieving Ethics in Business
- Ethics and Individual Values
- Professional Codes of Ethics
- Legal Regulation in Ethics
- Formalism and Consequentialism in Ethics
- Ethics & Law
- Ethics and Society
- Ethics and Morality
- Corporate Social Responsibility Definition
- Socially Responsible Investment Definition
- Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics Definition
- SA 8000 Certification Definition
- Impact Investing Definition
- Fair Trade Investing Definition
- Social Enterprise Definition
- Social Responsibility Definition
- Pro Bono Definition
- Code of Ethics Definition