GLOBE Project - Explained
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
- Professionalism & Career Development
What is the GLOBE Project?
The GLOBE project is an international research project aimed at creating, testing, and validating theories retailed to the relationship between culture and societal, organizational, and leadership effectiveness. The GLOBE project identified the following nine dimensions of culture.
- Performance Orientation - This concerns ones disposition toward performance and incentivizes performance improvement.
- Uncertainty Avoidance - This concerns ones disposition toward unpredictable outcomes from actions.
- Assertiveness - This concerns ones aggressiveness and deposition toward confrontation.
- Power Distance - This concerns ones disposition toward the unequal disposition of power within the organization.
- Gender Egalitarianism - This concerns the disposition toward gender equality and equity rights or opportunities for women.
- Institutional Collectivism - This refers to ones strength of association with a group or organization.
- Humane Orientation - This concerns one disposition to rewards for being fair, altruistic, generous, and kind to others.
- Future Orientation - This concerns ones disposition toward long-term planning and future benefits (at the expense of immediate gratification).
Back to: Business Management