Marketing Ps - Placement
What is Placement in the Marketing Mix?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Placement in the Marketing Mix?LocationsDistribution ChannelsDegree of Directness of the ChannelNumber of Channel MembersCriteria in Selection of Channel MembersNumber of Channels per Target Market
What is Placement in the Marketing Mix?
Where and through what methods are the products or service sold?
The various aspects of product placement include:
- Distribution Channels
- Directness of Channel
- Number of Channel Members
- Criteria for Channel Members
- Number of Channels per Market
Next Article: 5 Ps - Packaging Back to: MARKETING
- Local, National, International,
- Internet-based, physical locations.
- Logistics, including transportation, warehousing, and order fulfillment
- How does the company plan to get the product/service to the end user?
- What channel of distribution is to be used?
- Direct manufacturer to consumer.
- One stage manufacturer to retailer to consumer.
- Traditional manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer.
- Multi-stage manufacturer to broker to wholesaler to retailer to consumer.
- Who or what company will carry out the distribution?
- How will you motivate the distribution channel?
- What will the distributor profit margins look like?
- Are commissioned salespersons to be used?
- What are the costs associated with the proposed distribution channels?
- Criteria for evaluation distributors?
- How do these channels affect delivery/production time frames?
- What are delivery terms?
Degree of Directness of the Channel
- Marketing Conditions Are end users concentrated (direct) or dispersed (indirect) in market.
- Product Attributes Is product large (direct) or small (indirect), bulky (direct), perishable (direct), hazardous (direct), expensive (direct).
- Cost Benefits Considers the cost benefits in selection of channel members; many benefits (indirect) minimal or no benefit (direct).
- Venture Attributes Financial strength, size, channel experience, and marketing strategy of venture.
Number of Channel Members
- Intensive As many retailers, wholesales, etc., as possible.
- Selective Small number of channel members based on some set of criteria or requirements
- Exclusive Select only one wholesaler and/or retailer.
Criteria in Selection of Channel Members
- Services Provided
Number of Channels per Target Market
- One channel for one target market or multiple target markets.
- Multiple channels for one target market or multiple target markets.
- What is a Marketing Strategy (Marketing Mix)?
- 4Ps (sometimes 5, 6, or 7 Ps) of Marketing Definition
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Product?
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Placement?
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Price?
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Promotion?
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Packaging?
- Marketing 4 Ps - What is Process?
- Elements of a Good Marketing Strategy?
- What is a Marketing Plan?
- Outline for Marketing Plan
- The Mission and Product/Service Statement
- Situation Analysis
- Target Market
- Marketing Objectives and Goals
- Marketing Strategy
- Action Plan
- What Does "Place" or "Placement" Mean?
- What is a Distribution Channel?
- What is Direct Distribution and Indirect Distribution
- What is Multi-Channel Distribution?
- What is a Channel System?
- Vertical Market
- Vertical Integration
- Ideal Market Exposure
- Intensive Distribution
- Selective Distribution
- Exclusive Distribution
- Discrepancy of Assortment
- Discrepancy of Quantity
- Channel Conflict