5Ps - Promotion
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
- Professionalism & Career Development
What is Promotion?
How will you make your product known? Promotion regards the activities that you use to make your customers aware of your products and services, including advertising, sales tactics, promotions and direct marketing. Below is the information you should include in this section:
Next Article: 5 Ps - Placement Back to: MARKETING
What percentage of each media is to be used in your overall advertising package?
- Public Relations
- Co-operative advertising with wholesalers/retailers
- Internet Marketing
Branding What brand image are you trying to build?
- Brand is a promise of a repeatable experience that gives a consumer.
- What is your current brand in the market place?
- How do customers perceive you? Is it accurate?
- What do you want your image to be
- Top-of-Mind Awareness (TOMA)
- What is the first company (product) that comes to mind when you are considering buying this?
- Who else?
- If you are not in someones mind, they wont buy from you.
- What type of sales persons are to be usedfood brokers, commissioned salespersons, etc.?
- What tools are to be provided to salespersons to assist getting orders (volume discounts, purchasing shelf space, etc.)?
- Will a sales training program be offered?
- AIDA Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
- How will sales effectiveness be measured?
- What incentives will be offered to salespersons for new accounts, achievements?
- Sales Promotion Programs
- What sales promotion activities are planned?
- Point of purchase displays/sales aids
- What costs are associated with each?
- Truck signs
Public Relations Plan
- Networking Events
- Charity Events (Sponsorships)
- How much is budgeted for year 1 in each category?
- Determine break-even point for any additional spending.
- Projected results of the promotional programs?