Promissory Note - Explained
What is a Promissory Note?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is a Promissory Note?
A Promissory Note is a financial instrument specifying a written promise from one party (the issuer or maker of the note) to pay a certain sum of money to another party, either at a specified future date or on demand. This note contains all the terms related to indebtedness, like the principal amount, maturity date, interest rate, date and place of issuance, as well as issuer's signature.
- Promissory Note
- Cashier's Check
- Convenience Check
- Certified Check
- Substitute Check
- Bill of Exchange
- Bank Draft
- Sight Draft
- Bankers Acceptance
Academic Research on Promissory Note
- Schubert's Promissory Note: An Exercise in Musical Hermeneutics, Cone, E. T. (1982). Nineteenth-Century Music, 233-241.
- Stress, NK cells, and cancer: Still a promissory note, Ben-Eliyahu, S., Page, G. G., & Schleifer, S. J. (2007). Brain, behavior, and immunity, 21(7), 881-887.
- Vasodilator therapy of heart failure: has the promissory note been paid?, Braunwald, E., & Colucci, W. S. (1984).
- The promissory note: COP 21 and the Paris Climate Agreement, Christoff, P. (2016). Environmental Politics, 25(5), 765-787.
- Is the Promissory Note of Personality as Vulnerability to Depression in Default? Reply to Zuroff, Mongrain, and Santor (2004)., Coyne, J. C., Thompson, R., & Whiffen, V. (2004).
- Any Promissory Note: The Obscene Security: A Search for the Non-Commercial Investment, Rules under the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act for an electronic equivalent to a negotiable promissory note, Whitaker, R. D. (1999).Bus. Law., 55, 437.
- May a Promissory Note Be Payable in Foreign Money, Perkins, R. (1919). Iowa L. Rev., 5, 209.
- The role of stress management in blood pressure control: why the promissory note has failed to deliver, Hunyor, S. N., & Henderson, R. J. (1996).
- Jean-Joseph Goux and the Metaphor of the Promissory Note in Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary, Zrzavy, H., & Reynaud-Pactat, P. (1988).