What are the Corporate ByLaws?
The bylaws serve as the governing document for the corporation. The bylaws will generally contain the following information:
- Board composition (number of directors and schedule for elections),
- Meeting Requirements (schedule, location, documentation requirements),
- Board voting procedures (including quorum and number requirements),
- Directors and Officers ,
- Number and class of equity,
- Procedures for amending the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation,
The bylaws do not have to be filed with the state, but they must be maintained at the primary business location along with other business records. Shareholders of the corporation are always entitled to inspect the articles of incorporation and corporate bylaws.