Articles of Organization - Explained
What are the Articles of Organization?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What are the Articles of Organization?
The articles of organization are used to establish the entity status within the state. It provides basic information about the business to the state and the general public.
Back To: BUSINESS ENTITIES, CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, & OWNERSHIP
What information is included in the Articles?
Generally, the articles will include the name of the business, the business purpose, the name of the owner(s), the registered agent, the primary place of business, and the contact information for the owners. The organizer of the LLC will identify herself and sign the articles on behalf of the owners (members). The articles may identify the types and quantity of ownership interest authorized. The articles may also include any provisions that require a greater level of approval from all members (generally unanimous) to be changed.
- Business Entities (Intro)
- Why is studying business entities important?
- Considerations When Forming a Business Entity
- Holistic (Detailed) Overview of Setting Up a Business Entity
- What are Business Entities?
- What is a Closely-held vs Publicly-held Business?
What are the main types of business entity?
- What are the primary characteristics of business entities?
- What is Creation of a business entity?
- Where to Form a Business
- Incorporating in Delaware
- Forming an LLC in Nevada or Wyoming
- Creating a Company Offshore
- Promoter Liability
- De Jure Corporation
- Ultra Vires
- Brassplate Company
- What is Maintenance of a business entity?
- What is Continuity of a business entity?
- Business Continuity Planning
- Buy Sell Agreements
- Shotgun Clause
- Winding Up
- Dissolving a Foreign Qualification
- What is the Ownership structure of a business entity?
- Joint Stock Company
- Parent Company
- Subsidiary Company
- Wholly-Owned Subsidiary
- State-Owned Enterprise
- Mutual Company
- What is Control of a business entity?
- What is Personal liability of owners of a business entity?
- Entity Theory
- Piercing the Corporate Veil
- What is Compensation of business owners?
- What is Taxation of a business entity?
- What is Sales & Use tax?
- What are payroll and self-employment taxes?
- What are the major characteristics of a Sole proprietorship?
- Uniform Partnership Act
- Uniform Limited Partnership Act
- Partnership Agreement
- At-Will Partnerships
- Responsibilities of Partners to the Partnership
- Silent Partner
- Funding the Partnership
- How are Partners Compensated
- Splitting Equity in an Industrial Partnership
- Terminating the Partnership
- Types of Partnerships
- What are the main characteristics of a General partnership?
- Tort Liability of General Partner
- What are the main characteristics of a Joint venture?
- What are the main characteristics of a Limited partnership?
- Family Limited Partnership
- Master Limited Partnership
- What are the main characteristics of a Limited liability partnership?
- What are the main characteristics of a Limited liability company?
- Forming an LLC
- Articles of Organization
- Operating Agreement or LLC Agreement
- Why You Need an LLC Agreement
- LLC Compensation of Members
- LLC Taxation
- Converting to an LLC
- What are the main characteristics of a Corporation
- Articles of Incorporation
- What to include in the Articles of Incorporation
- Corporate Bylaws
- Exiting the Corporation
- Dissenter's Rights
- What are the requirements to be an S Corporation?
- Non-Profit Organization
- NonProfit Business Entities
- Private Foundation
- A Detailed Explanation of the Sole Proprietorship
- Taxation of Sole Proprietorship
- A Detailed Explanation of the General Partnership
- 50/50 Partnerships: Never a Good Idea
- Publicly-Traded Partnerships
- A Detailed Explanation of the Limited Liability Company
- A Detailed Explanation of the Corporation
- Keepwell Agreement (Letter of Comfort)
- Personal Service Corporation Definition
- A Detailed Explanation of the Non-Profit Entity
- Public Limited Company (UK)