Presentation Style Guide
Here are some additional strategic and stylistic advice to remember when creating your slide deck:
- The material should be attractive
- Tell the big picture, but know the details
- You are selling, the investor is buying. Buying is emotional – money is not the #1 issue.
- No Jargon, Acronyms, Be Specific, Mention Partners and Key customers.
- Lay the background before introducing the product – assume investors aren’t the customer. (Tell a story about a real person)
- Don’t use top-down marketing; rather use bottom-up.
- You need a clear economic model (not complex) that shows what costs are and what your customers will pay.
- How will you make your brand stand out to customers?
- Point out your strengths and opponent weaknesses – show you know how to exploit them.
- Develop a marketing plan that involves the praise of early adopters.
- Be honest about your numbers, investors understand when they are hearing spin.