Exemptions from '33 Act Registration Requirements - Explained
Securities Law - Registration Exemptions
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What are Exemptions from Securities Registration?
The registration and public offering process is extremely burdensome for startup companies. Numerous statutory and rule-based exemptions to the securities registration process exist. The statutory exemptions fall under Sections 3 and 4 of the 33 Act. The rule-based exemptions are based upon statutory exemptions and are found primarily in Regulation A and Regulation D of the 33 Act. These statutory and rule-based exemptions either exempt this type of security from registration or exempt a particular type of transaction from registration. We address the various exemptions individually.
Next Article: Exempt Securities & Exempt Transactions Back to: SECURITIES LAW
- Registration Exemptions Securities Act of 1933
- What are Exempt Securities and Exempt Transactions?
- What are Restricted Securities?
- Section 3(a)?
- Section 3(b)?
- What is a Rule 147 Exemption?
- What is a Section 4(a) Exemption?
- Section 4(a)(5)?
- What is a Regulation A Exemption?
- What are Regulation D Exemptions?
- What is a Rule 504 Exemption?
- What is a Rule 505 Exemption?
- What is a Rule 506(b) Exemption?
- What is a Rule 506(c) Exemption?
- What is Rule 502(d) and the Rule 144 Safe Harbor?
- Rule 144a
- What are the disclosure requirements for companies employing an exemption?
- What is the requirement to file Form D?
- What is the effect of failing to register an offering under Section 5?