Motivation for Business Purchases - Explained
What Drives Purchases Decisions by a Business?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat Motivates Businesses to make Purchases?
What Motivates Businesses to make Purchases?
There are several aspects that drive business purchase decisions including:
- Product Specifications - The specifics of the product. Businesses have very refined needs if they're going to use a product in manufacturing, for example, or if they're going to incorporate that product into their own product. Also, the product needs to be highly consistent (the exact same every time). Consumers tend to have greater flexibility in their products specs.
- Product Availability - Lack of product availability can be a very expensive situation for a business. Thus, businesses need dependability in the supply of a product.
- Transportation Costs - How much does it cost to get the product from the manufacturer or seller to them as the buyer.
- Quality or Reliability - Product quality or continued operations often depend upon a product being quality or reliable. For example, components must be of quality if they are integrated into the final product. Likewise, a continued supply of quality products may be necessary for the production process.