Primary Obligations of an Insured - Explained
What are the reponsibilities of the Insured Party?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What are the primary obligations of the insured?
The primary duties of an insured in an insurance contract are as follows:
Duty to Disclose Information
The insured must inform the insurer of any events relevant to the contingent risk transferred to the insurer. This includes disclosing information in the application for policy coverage and disclosing incidences of damage to the insured person or property or harms resulting from the insureds conduct. A failure to disclose such information may lead to the loss of insurance coverage.
Duty to Cooperate
An insured has a duty to cooperate with the insurer in the identification, investigation, and resolution of any event or circumstance giving rise to losses born by the insurer.
Next Article: General Structure of an Insurance Contract Back to: INSURANCE LAW
What do you think about the insureds duties? Why do you think they are necessary?
ABC Corp has a policy with 123 Insurance covering any damage to ABCs facilities or equipment. ABC suffers a huge loss when a fire engulfs the facility. What would ABCs obligations as an insured be in this situation?
- What is insurance?
- Captive Agent
- Independent Agent
- Captive Insurance Company
- Combined Ratio
- Claims Adjuster
- Capital at Risk
- Assigned Risk
- Incurred But Not Reported
- Qualified Actuary
- Cession (Re-Insurance)
- Burning Cost Ratio
- What is an insurance contract?
- Accidental Means
- Anti-stacking Provisions
- What is an insurable interest?
- What are the common categorizations of insurance?
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Insurance Regulatory Information System
- American Academy of Actuaries Definition
- American Association of Insurance Services Definition
- American Council of Life Insurance Definition
- American Insurance Association Definition
- American Risk and Insurance Association Definition
- LLoyd's of London
- Associate in Insurance Services (AIS) Definition
- Associate in Loss Control Management Definition
- Associate in Marine Insurance Management Definition
- Associate in Personal Insurance Definition
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) Definition
- Associate in Risk Management Definition
- Associate in Commercial Underwriting Definition
- Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance Definition
- Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance Definition
- Chartered Insurance Professional Definition
- Chartered Life Underwriter Definition
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter Definition
- Vehicle insurancePrivate Passenger Auto Insurance Risk Profile
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Omnibus Clause
- Health Maintenance Organization
- Capitated Contract
- Point of Service Plan
- Children's Health Insurance Program
- Disability Insurance?
- Credit Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance?
- Cash Surrender Value
- Absolute Beneficiary
- Acceleration Life Insurance
- Accelerated Benefit
- Accelerated Option
- Accelerative Endowment
- Charitable Gift Life Insurance
- Incontestability Clause
- Waterfall Concept
- Assumed Interest Rate
- Clean Sheeting
- Hazard Insurance
- Homeowners, Renters, and Fire Insurance?
- Participating Community (Flood Insurance)
- Insurance Considerations for Business
- Business Liability Insurance
- Commercial General Liability
- Liability Risk Retention Act
- Excess Insurance and Umbrella Insurance Policy
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Key Person Insurance Definition
- Own-Occupation Policy
- Self-Funded Health Insurance Plan
- Basket Retention Policy
- Commercial Blanket Bond
- Alternative Risk Transfer Market Definition
- Commercial Property Casualty Market Index Survey
- What are the primary obligations of the insurer?
- Earned Premium
- Reservation of Rights Letter
- Collateral Source Rule
- What are the primary obligations of the insured?
- Insurance Premium
- Affidavit of Loss
- What is the general structure of an insurance contract?
- Ambiguity Principle
- Accommodation Line
- What are the common disputed provisions in an insurance contract?
- Absolute Exclusion
- All Risks Clause
- What is required for the termination of an insurance contract?
- Risk Management
- Professional Risk Manager
- Associate in Management (AIM)
- Financial Risk Manager
- Forecasting (Business)
- Objective Probability
- Unconditional Probability
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Operational Risk
- Business Recovery Risk
- Political Risk
- Asset Protection
- Performance Bond
- Barra Risk Factor Analysis Definition
- Above Ground Risk (Mining Industry)
- Bumbershoot Policy (Maritime)
- Abandonment Clause (Boat or Vessel)
- Bobtail Liability Insurance (Trucking Industry)
- Anti-Indemnity Statute (Construction)