Compensation Trade - Definition
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
- Professionalism & Career Development
What is Compensatory Trade Definition
Compensatory Trade, or countertrade, refers to the exchange of goods (commodities) and services between two countries which is not paid for in cash but in other goods or services.
Academic Research on Compensatory Trade
- Compensatory Financing for Shocks: What Changes are Needed?, Griffith-Jones, S., & Ocampo, J. A. (2008). United Nations Committee on Development Policy, April.
- What are trade agreements for?two conflicting stories told by economists, with a lesson for lawyers, Regan, D. H. (2006). Journal of International Economic Law, 9(4), 951-988.
- Trade liberalisation and 'fair trade'demands: addressing the environmental and labour standards issues, Bhagwati, J. (1995). World Economy, 18(6), 745-759.
- Coping with trade-offs: Psychological constraints and political implications, Tetlock, P. E. (2000). Elements of reason: Cognition, choice, and the bounds of rationality, 239-263.
- What is Free Trade--The Real Issue Lurking behind the Trade and Environment Debate, Driesen, D. M. (2000). Va. J. Int'l L., 41, 279.
- Has globalization gone too far?, Rodrik, D. (1998). Challenge, 41(2), 81-94.
- I like what I know: Is recognition a non-compensatory determiner of consumer choice?, Oeusoonthornwattana, O., & Shanks, D. R. (2010). Judgment and Decision Making, 5(4), 310.
- What do independent directors know? Evidence from their trading, Ravina, E., & Sapienza, P. (2009). The Review of Financial Studies, 23(3), 962-1003.
- The economic structure of renegotiation and dispute resolution in the World Trade Organization, Schwartz, W. F., & Sykes, A. O. (2002). The Journal of Legal Studies, 31(S1), S179-S204.
- Globalization and the Egalitarian Backlash: Protectionism Versus Compensatory Free Trade, Boix, C. (2002, May). In Workshop on Globalization and Egalitarian Redistribution, Santa Fe Institute. Available: http://www. wcfia. harvard. edu/seminars/pegroup/boix. pdf.
- Toward an interactive-compensatory model of individual differences in the development of reading fluency, Stanovich, K. E. (1980). Reading research quarterly, 32-71.