Search Engine Reputation Management - Explained
What is SERM?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Search Engine Reputation Management?How does SERM Work? Academic Research on Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM)Identity 2.0: Constructing identity with cultural software, Helmond, A. (2010). In Proceeding of Mini-conference initiative, University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam, NDJan 20-22 2010).
What is Search Engine Reputation Management?
Search engine reputation management (SERM) is a tool that websites and businesses use to maintain their good reputation on search engine and also to revive their reputation once they led in trouble. As the case may be SERM lifts businesses and also saves them from ruins that might result from bad reputation. SERM is a subset of Online Reputation Management (ORM) but it is reaching a higher level. It is a professional service rendered to corporations with good SEOs and unique reputations on search engines. This service create search engine ranking awareness for businesses and also train them on activities that can give them well-ranked results.
Back to: MARKETING, SALES, ADVERTISING, & PR
How does SERM Work?
Search engine reputation management (SERM) avails businesses and websites the opportunity to be aware of activities that can damage their reputations and those that can enhance their reputations. Search engine reputation management (SERM) is a larger arm of ORM and its services are offered across diverse industries and sectors. SERM also describes the major areas of manipulation by practitioners. These manipulations include the cleansing of reputation issues caused by Google autocomplete, clearing negative search results that websites get on the first page of SERP and the third manipulation is clearing the negative connotation associated by the Google Suggestions at the bottom of the SERPs. No business or website wants to have a bad result or reputation, especially not on the first page of a search engine result. Negative search results on the first SERP have a huge effect on the perception of a brand which can diminish the reputation or trustworthiness of a brand. Quite a number of businesses and careers have been destroyed due to negative search results that are displayed on the first page of a search engine result. Also, google autocomplete cause reputation issued for brands as many struggle to be free from it. Autocomplete creates a form of ego surfing in which businesses can have an idea of how people see them. Once the reputation of a brand has issues, the next step is how to salvage the brand. Hence, people find themselves asking whether they can change how google and people see them. Searchrepsite (Searchreputation.net) is a platform that helps brands influence a positive view through crowdsourcing. Using search engine reputation management, brand's reputation is manipulated and positively influenced. SERM is multi-dimensional because it entails PR, social media and content marketing, as well as SEO. Searchrepsite crastes alternative learning for goodles learning algorithm and through this, it influences brands perception and reputation by truths in number ideology which can also be referred to as crowdsourcing. There are three things you need to take cognisance of in order to get started with SERM. Supervising you online reputation is the first step and this is important because it helps you protect your online reputation. This entails that you monitor your social media pages and the activities of people regarding your business both online and offline. Enhancing a good online reputation cannot be separated from the good use of social media. Ensure your brand is active on social media and with this, you can build and maintain a faithful audience. Another important step to get started with SERM is that you need to pay attention to the feedbacks and comments of your customers. Attend to both negative and positive comments, this connotes transparency and would help you win the trust of your customers.
Academic Research on Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM)
Identity 2.0: Constructing identity with cultural software, Helmond, A. (2010). In Proceeding of Mini-conference initiative, University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam, NDJan 20-22 2010).
- Business Intelligence Processing on the Base of Unstructured Information Analysis from Different Sources Including Mass Media and Internet, Zolotarev, O., Charnine, M., Matskevich, A., & Kuznetsov, K. (2015, January).In Proceedings on the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI)(p. 295). The Steering Committee of The World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing (WorldComp).
- Application of social networks in education, Lab. In International Scientific Conference: Digitalisation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage, University Repositories and Distance Learning. Fiesa, Slovenia: Zaloba Vega, Ljubljana(pp. 423-442).
- Multifactor Analysis of Online Reputation as a Tool for Enhancing Competitiveness of Subjects from Automotive Industry 1, Dorck, P., Markovic, P., & Pollk, F. (2017). Ekonomicky Casopis, 65(2), 173.
- Specificity of the effective management of the reputation of a company in the Internet, Tkachova, N. P., & Pilipenko, G. S. (2013). Bulletin of the National Technical University KhPI. Ser .: Technological progress and effectiveness of virobnitstva , (67 (2)), 29-35.
- Stages of the process of marketing management of online reputation of companies, Golovanova, D.P. (2014). University Bulletin , (15).
- Virtual Organization Reputation Management Technology, Gromova, O. N., & Shala, E. (2014). Virtual organization reputation management technology. University Bulletin , (14).
- SERM yak instrument shaping positive reputation, Ilyashenko, N. S., Ilyashenko, N. S., & Zholuduva, A. M. (2012). (Doctoral dissertation, Sumy State University).
- SERM- technology as one of the tools for the formation of the company's image on the Internet, Zaykina, K.A., & Teslenko, V.A. (2016). In Science, education, society: trends and development prospects (pp. 169-172).
- MANAGEMENT OF THE COMPANY'S REPUTATION IN SEARCH SYSTEMS, Levina, KE (2016). MANAGEMENT OF THE COMPANY'S REPUTATION IN SEARCH SYSTEMS. 2016. 376 p. , 210.