Banner Advertising - Explained
What is Banner Advertising?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Banner Advertising?How is Banner Advertising Used?Banner Advertising TechnologyAcademics Research on Banner Advertising
What is Banner Advertising?
Banner Advertising, in regards to digital marketing, is a form of advertising that allows anyone to place an ad on another site through the use of attractive images. Banner advertising is image-centric, as the images communicate a series of messages for the audience. It can also be referred to as a "web banner. The primary purpose is to drive the attention of users or visitors on the host site to another site. A web banner or banner ad can be on an official site or on a social media site depending on the content of the banner or the target audience.
- Banner advertising is one of the foremost forms of digital marketing.
- It is basically used for product sales and brand awareness.
- Advertisers can personalize and target specific industries, audiences, and demographics.
- Through click-through rates (CTR) analytics, advertisers can monitor the effectiveness of their ads and the corresponding behavior of visitors towards the banner ads.
- Close to six trillion banner ad impressions (views) were achieved in the year 2012.
- Advertisers rely on ad networks to target banner ads to prospective web visitors.
- In the history of banner advertising, the biggest size skyscrapers with a length of 336 by 280 has the highest average CTR of 0.33%
Back to: MARKETING, SALES, ADVERTISING, & PR
How is Banner Advertising Used?
Digital banner advertising also requires the basic procedures that have been in use by the ancient traditional banner advertising. These basics includes deciding on the right shape (vertical or skyscraper / horizontal or leaderboard) that fit the nature and purpose of the banner ad, quality design with brand colors, catch large fonts on the banner, strategic placement of the banner. The most effective innovations and changes brought about by information technology in the way banner advertising is done is the payment model, the strategic reach, and the in-expensive set-up structure of digital banner advertising. Call to action buttons CTA, also allows advert placers to specify the kind of actions expected to be achieved through banner ad placements.
Banner Advertising Technology
Due to the use of technology, banner advertising has advanced so much in its effectiveness. There are now technological applications and software used in designing different banner types for different platforms on the world wide web. Through ad networks, advertisers can match their ads to interests and keyword search of web visitors and users so as to enable these visitors to find meaning or value in the displayed ad. Through an on-demand biding system, the advertisers can place their ads to the prospective audiences and are billed through cost per click (CPC), cost per impression (CPM), cost per action(CPA). Much return on investment (ROI) can be derived from banner advertisements if the basics well done to appeal to the psychology of online visitors.