Role of Marketing in an Organization - Explained
What roles does marketing play in a Business?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is the Role of Marketing in an Organization?
What is the Role of Marketing in an Organization?
Marketing is used for has the following roles in an organization:
- Product Development - Well starting at the very beginning what products should we make and what features should it have?
- Promotion - How do we make the product or organization known to those in the market.
- Product Pricing - What should be the amount of value exchanged for the product?
- Sales - How do you carry out the transaction that changes ownership of the product?
- Distribution - How do you get the product in the hands of the consumer or customer?
- Creating Revenue - How does the product generate revenue for the business (e.g., sales, licensing, etc.)
promoting that product whatever that
that is clearly a marketing function
where we have to design
ads or we have to communicate with
whoever it might be we have to create
to get across what it is that we offer.
The next step then is figuring out how
much to charge for that product
and that is also a marketing decision.
So as you can see marketing is really
in a lot of things that don't even
involve people outside of our
deciding what we should be doing as an
And then of course the thing that we
almost always think about when we think
of marketing is sales,
it is the marketing department's
responsibility or the marketer's
to make sure that we sell the product, so
that is a key part of marketing's role
Mixed up with all of this though is
getting the product to
the customer or what we call
and that is also a marketing role or a
marketing decision is
where should we put the product to make
it available to the customer
and how do we get it there that's the
essence of distribution.
Lastly and perhaps most importantly
within the organization marketing's
or I should say it is marketing's
to make sure we have revenue that goes
hand in hand with sales
but in the end you know revenue is
critical to keep keeping the business
going and that falls on marketing to
make sure that happens that we get that
So all those things combined make up the
role of marketing within the