Internet Search Marketing - Elements
What is Internet Search Marketing?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Internet Search Marketing?What is a website and blog?Search EnginesAdvertising on Popular WebsitesSearch Engine Optimization (SEO)Content as a Marketing Tool
What is Internet Search Marketing?
Internet search marketing is a method of making customers, clients, or end-users aware of a business or product (any value proposition offered by the business) by appearing in a potential consumer's internet search engine results.
What are some Types of Internet Marketing?
Some common types of Internet marketing include:
- Website Advertisements - You can purchase space on popular websites directly or use an intermediary (such as Google ads).
- Pay-Per-Click - This is where you purchase an advertisement space within a website or appearing on a search results page. You pay either for the number of individuals that visit the page (and thus view the advertisement) or when an individual clicks on the advertisement. The most popular Pay-Per-Click platforms are Google and Facebook.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - SEO means creating content on a website or blog. You construct this content to be relevant to specific queries or searches in an internet search engine. You hope that the search engine prioritizes your content and presents it to searchers when searching for this type of content or information. SEO includes doing things like using relevant keywords (search terms), keyword density (number of times used on page), structure of content (how its organized on the page), content tags and canonical tags (how the content is labeled for organization on the site), word count (total length of the material), in-bound links (links by outside websites to your website), etc.
- Social Media - Social Media Marketing means using social media channels to make potential consumers aware of your business or product. You can think of it as the Internet form of word-of-mouth marketing. You can use any channel of social influence, but platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are the most well known.
Back to: MARKETING
Back to: Entrepreneurship
What is a website and blog?
A website is content organized for presentation to visitors that hosted on a server at a designated URL.
- How do they work?
- How do Search Engines Make Money
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Advertising on Popular Websites
- Fixed fee
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Out-bound links
- Key Words
- Geography (Google Places)
Content as a Marketing Tool
- Changes in Website
- Key words (Optimization - Density)
- Scheduled Posts
- Other sites value your content
- Key influencer websites