Tier Structure - Explained
What is a Tiered Structure?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is a Tier Structure?
Tier refers to a series of rows or layers or a level or grade in the hierarchy of an organization or system. A tier structure describes a system with distinct levels or layers. In the arrangement of a tier system, one level must be completed or accomplished before another commences. Each level must be undertaken separately from the other.
Academic Research on Tier Structure
- Ownership, two-tier board structure, and the informativeness of earningsEvidence from China, Firth, M., Fung, P. M., & Rui, O. M. (2007). Journal of accounting and public policy, 26(4), 463-496.
- A TwoTier Wage Structure in a Nonunion Firm, McFarlin, D. B., & Frone, M. R. (1990). Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 29(1), 145-154.
- A politically feasible social security reform with a two-tier structure, Yamada, T. (2011). Journal of the Japanese and international economies, 25(3), 199-224.
- Clustering data streams on the two-tier structure, Wang, Z., Wang, B., Zhou, C., & Xu, X. (2004, April). In Asia-Pacific Web Conference (pp. 416-425). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- B/S 3-tier system structure mode [J], Zhi-gang, L. S. J. L. (2002). Journal of Hebei Institute of Technology S, 1.
- Research on Software Design Based on B/S 3-Tier Structure [J], Hong-weia, Z. H. A. O., & Chang-mingb, Q. I. N. (2011). Research and Exploration in Laboratory, 7, 020.
- Design and Implementation of Online Contributions Management System Based on Three-tier Structure of. net Technology [J], Yu-honga, L. I. U., & Qib, Z. H. A. O. (2008). Journal of Nanchang University (Natural Science), 6, 020.
- Employee perceptions of the effects of a two-tier wage structure, Heetderks, T. D., & Martin, J. E. (1991). Journal of Labor Research, 12(3), 279-295.
- Research of Integration Platform Facing to Three-tier Structure Information System [J], Ming, W., Feng, H., & Hui, W. (2011). Microcomputer Applications, 27(3), 23-26.
- Random assignments on preference domains with a tier structure, Liu, P., & Zeng, H. (2017).
- The design of the multi-tier structure warehouse management information system under the B/S mode, Hang, S. U., & Sheng-chuo, Z. E. N. G. (2009). Logistics Engineering and Management, 3, 016.