Front Office (Services Firm) - Definition
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is the Front Office?
The front office of a firm is the most visible part that interacts with visitors or clients of the firm. The most popular examples of a front office are customer service departments and sales departments.
Usually, the front office of a firm must comprise experts and individuals with in-depth knowledge about the firm, given that they attend to questions that a visitor might have and also offer advisory services to the firm's clients.
A Little More on what is the Front Office of a Firm
Typically, a company has three sections, the front office, middle office and the back office. While the front office interacts with visitors and customers of a firm, the back office works at the backend, handling the administrative functions of the company.
Here are some important points about the front office;
- The front office is the department of a company that interfaces with customers and visitors of the company.
- The front office is the most articulate and visible department of a company.
- It maintains direct contact with clients and has a significant impact on the amount of revenue a business generates.
- Customer service department and sales department are the most vibrant front offices.
- Usually, the front office of a firm works better with the assistance of the middle office and back office.