Acceptable Quality Level - Explained
What is Acceptable Level of Quality?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Acceptable Quality Level (AQL)?Academics Research on Acceptable Quality Level AQL
What is Acceptable Quality Level (AQL)?
Goods are sampled or inspected in order to check their quality. AQL is the maximum number of defective products that is acceptable when inspecting a sample size. There are seven levels of inspections as stipulated by ISO 2859. When these inspections are being carried out, there is a limit to the number of defective goods that can be found in a sample size. Any number above the limit will render the entire pool of goods worthless and unacceptable.
The acceptable quality level (AQL) of products differ from one industry to another.
Back to: OPERATIONS, LOGISTICS, & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Academics Research on Acceptable Quality Level AQL
- [PDF] ACCEPTABLE QUALITY LEVEL (AQL), BAGDONAVICIUS, V., & NIKULIN, M. ENCYCLOPEDIA OF STATISTICAL SCIENCES, 23(5), 22. This paper examines the generally acceptable quality level.
- acceptable quality level (AQL), Nahler, G. (2009). acceptable quality level (AQL). In Dictionary of Pharmaceutical Medicine (pp. 2-2). Springer, Vienna. It is the maximum percentage of errors that, for quality control or sampling, can be regarded as satisfactory as an average of the entire system or process.
- Chain sampling plan (ChSP-1) for desired acceptable quality level (AQL) and limiting quality level (LQL), Raju, C., & Vidya, R. (2017, November). In AIP Conference Proceedings(Vol. 1905, No. 1, p. 050036). AIP Publishing. Whenever there is a need to use a small sample attributes plan for a scenario involving harmful products emanating from the continuous production process, Chain Sampling Plan is popularly used A procedure for development and selection of a ChSP-1 by attributes verification based on membership functions is discussed in this paper. It also explains the use of a search technique for obtaining the specifications of a mono sampling plan for a provided set of AQL and LQL values. It finally presents a sample of tables ChSP-1 plans for different integration of AQL and LQL values.
- [PDF] PENERAPAN ISO 2859 ACCEPTABLE QUALITY LEVEL (AQL) PADA PT. XZY UNTUK MENGENDALIKAN KUALITAS MATERIAL PADA DIVISI QC
- Mariyono, T., & Sulistiyowati, W. PENERAPAN ISO 2859 ACCEPTABLE QUALITY LEVEL (AQL) PADA PT. XZY UNTUK MENGENDALIKAN KUALITAS MATERIAL PADA DIVISI QC ENTRANCE. PT. XYZ is a leading firm that manufactures footwear and is fully involved in world-class quality. Quality product creation requires quality control from raw material quality. The problem faced by the division entrance QC quality verification process is slow as there are no standardized sampling templates. The study tries to know the material receipts level via Acceptable Sampling Plans, determine the sample performance level, and the recommends quality control division standardized sampling QC Entrance with ISO 2859.
- Selection of multiple deferred (dependent) state sampling plans for given acceptable quality level and limiting quality level, Govindaraju, K., & Subramani, K. (1993). Journal of Applied Statistics, 20(3), 423-428. Provision is made for a table and a method for discovering the multi-deferred state sampling plans of type MDS-(c1, c2) that involves minimal summation of manufacturers and consumers risks for a standardized level of quality and limited level of quality