Advertorial - Explained
What is an Advertorial?
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is an Advertorial?How is an Advertorial Used?Academics Research on Advertorial
What is an Advertorial?
An advertorial is an advertisement in a newspaper, magazine, or website that looks like an article in the newspaper of the magazine. Advertorials are paid content that newspapers and magazines insert in their publication as one of their own contents. In the actual sense, the term advertorial is a combination of advertisement and editorial. It is the content of a newspaper or magazine that has an editorial outlook but designed to advertise a brand. Advertorial is a key way company and manufacturers advertise their products on the pages of magazines and newspapers. Although advertorials do not have the obvious look of ads, they perform the same function as normal advertisements.
Back to: MARKETING, SALES, ADVERTISING, & PR
How is an Advertorial Used?
Advertorial presents a form of subtle and professional advertisement of products and services to generate more sales and income for the manufacturer. Advertorials can also be published on websites, this can be as videos or articles. The information about the product being advertised backed up with research of the product is published on the pages of newspapers, magazines and websites. Advertorials often attract readers than her forms of traditional ads since they are written as articles and provide information about a given product or service. According to a recent study, readers lose interest when they notice that a video or content is sponsored by a brand. However, in the case of advertorial, readers are more interest given that it is a content published by a reliable newspaper or magazine. When publishing advertorials, it is important that newspapers and magazines indicate that a particular content is an advertorial, this content might be given a label which states sponsored or special advertising section so as not to mislead readers. Manufacturers who use advertorial must ensure that the advertisement is designed to suit the pattern of a publication or the publishing house as well as be suitable for consumers. When selecting the newspaper or magazine to publish with, the manufacturer must consider the audience the publication reaches and whether it matches the intended consumer for the products.
Here are some things you should know before publishing an advertorial;
- An advertorial is a paid ad published on a newspaper or magazine like a normal article.
- An advertorial content must align with the publications editorial content such as writing style, font size, headlines, and other visual elements.
- Advertorials contain editorial opinions and research analysis about a product that helps readers how certain products and services can be a solution to certain problems.
- Every advertorial must be supported with the appropriate statistics and information about the product or service. An advertorial helps a brand to create awareness about its products or services in a unique way.