Unicorn (Company) - Definition
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is a Unicorn Company?
A unicorn company is a term used to describe a privately-held, startup company with a valuation of $1 billion or more.
Academic Research on Unicorn Company
- Electronic finance recent developments, Dandapani, K. (2017). Electronic financerecent developments. Managerial Finance, 43(5), 614-626.6.
- A founders' guide to unicorn creation: how liquidation preferences in M&A transactions affect start-up valuation, Bartlett, R. P. (2015).
- Unicorns, Cheshire cats, and the new dilemmas of entrepreneurial finance, Kenney, M., & Zysman, J. (2018).
- How to Catch a Unicorn, Simon, J. P. (2016). EC JRC IPTS, forthcoming.
- The 400 Percent Loan, the $36,000 Hotel Room, and the Unicorn, Berlau, J. (2012). Competitive Enterprise Institute, OnPoint, (176).
- Role of Unicorn tag in gaining legitimacy and accessing funds, Kerai, A. (2017). The Business & Management Review, 9(2), 119-127.
- Analysis on Risks and Countermeasures of Unicorn Enterprises Based on Diamond Model, Han, R. (2018). Open Access Library Journal, 5(09), 1.
- Finding the Next Unicorn: When Big Data Meets Venture Capital, Weibl, J., & Hess, T. (2019, January). In Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Unicorn Stock Options-Golden Goose or Trojan Horse?, Alon-Beck, A. (2018). Unicorn Stock Options-Golden Goose or Trojan Horse?.