Regulation V - Definition
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Regulation V Definition
Regulation V is an administrative regulation promulgated by the US Federal Reserve Bank pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It requires member banks who report consumer credit information to credit rating agencies to maintain specific standards for reporting accuracy and privacy.
A Little More on What is Regulation V
When a covered entity provides credit information for customers to a credit reporting agency, it must meet the following standards:
- The information must accurately identify the account holder;
- Ensure all reporting information concerning the account is accurate;
- Ensure records of a consumers payment and compliance is accurate;
- Maintain records adequate to substantiate all reported information;
- Report information in a manner that reduces the likelihood it will be misconstrued;
- Comply with requests by credit reporting agencies to investigate disputes;
References for Regulation V
https://www.investopedia.com Personal Finance Bankinghttps://www.consumerfinance.gov/policy.../final.../fair-credit-reporting-regulation-v/https://www.compliancealliance.com/laws-regulations/...regulations/fcra-compliancehttps://www.bankersonline.com/regulations/12-222-000https://www.advisoryhq.com/articles/regulation-v-review/