Agency Law - Introduction
What is agency law?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Overview of Agency Law
Agency law concerns the legal relationship by which one person acts on behalf of another. This chapter will examine the agency relationship and the legal duties owed by the principal and agent. It will focus upon the scope of the agency relationship particularly in the context of the employer-employee relationship. It will introduce the concept of vicarious liability and provide the elements necessary for a principal to be held liable for the actions of the agent. This topic will include liability for contracts entered into by the agent and torts committed by the agent.
Next Article: What is an Agency Relationship? Back to: AGENCY LAW
- Agency Law (Intro)
- What is an Agency relationship?
- What are the types of agents?
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- What are the types of principals?
- What is required to form a principal-agent relationship?
- What are the duties of a principal?
- What are the duties of an agent?
- What is the authority of an Agent to Bind Business in Contract?
- When are Agents liable to principals and third parties?
- What is Respondeat Superior?
- What is a Frolic and Detour?
- When does the Agency Relationship Terminate?