Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist - Explained
What is a Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is a Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS)?Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist Course Work
What is a Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS)?
The Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) is a professional designation awarded by the college of Financial Planning (CFFP) to individuals who specialize in creating and managing retirement plans for businesses and groups.
Candidates for the chartered retirement plans specialist credential are required to take courses in creating, implementing and managing retirement plans for businesses and pass a final examination.
Those holding the CFFP credential are required to complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist Course Work
The Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) study program covers a range of topics in retirement plans, it also trains professionals to be client-centered and problem-solving.
The specific courses that the chartered retirement plans specialist program covers are:
- Introduction to ERISA and the Fiduciary Standard,
- Employer-funded Defined Contribution Plans,
- Participant-Directed Retirement Plans,
- Retirement Plan Solutions for Small Business Owners,
- Retirement Plan Selection, Design, and Implementation,
- Administering ERISA-compliant Plans and Working with Plan Participants.