Accounting Analyst - Description
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
- Professionalism & Career Development
What is an Accounting Analyst?
This is generally an introductory level position that performs accounting and finance functions within a company.
Back to: PROFESSIONALISM & CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Accounts for compensation costs for global business lines in accordance with GAAP
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations - balance accounts, identify, document, and ensure timely resolution on reconciling issues
- Identifies and communicates potential issues to senior analyst as needed
- Coordinates with team members on processes and initiatives
- Prepares variance analysis for monthly variance process - identify variance, explain cause of the variance, and document findings
- Maintains proper Sarbanes-Oxley documentation on areas of responsibility in scope for SOX audits and ensures compliance with documented controls
- Performs special analysis and tasks as required by Finance department managers.
- Provides ongoing Business Unit Support.
- Prepares supporting schedules for annual audit reports, answers questions, and must be able to explain areas of responsibility
- Provides assistance to clients (internal or external) on matters related to areas of responsibility Support team on chart of account maintenance processes
Education (Generally) Required
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is generally required.
- Candidacy for Certified Public Accountant designation is preferred.
Work Experience and Knowledge (Generally ) Desired / Required
- 0-2 years of accounting and/or finance experience is required
- Previous internship experience in accounting is preferred
- A solid understanding of accounting and financial principles and the ability to apply these principles to corporate accounting is required
- Knowledge of SOX requirements is preferred
- Proficiency in Excel is required Oracle experience is a plus
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and work as a team player.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required.