Social Responsibility in Marketing - Explained
What is the Role of Social Responsibility in Marketing?
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Social Responsibility in Marketing?
What is Social Responsibility in Marketing?
Social responsibility for an organization generally regards making decisions and carrying on operations in a manner that creates a positive impact or minimizes the negative impact upon society at large.
Creating a positive societal impact or reducing a negative impact can be in any area that affects or is of interest to society. This may include areas with social, environmental, economic, and psychological impact.
Marketing is a core function of business, and it can be carried out in a socially responsible manner. That is, is can be carried out in a manner that creates a positive impact or reduces the negative impact in any of the aforementioned areas.
Examples of socially responsible marketing might include:
- Safe product design and development - A company may reduce health impacts through safe manufacturing methods. Further, the business may lessen the environmental impact through production methods that reduce waste and employ sustainable materials.
- Treating Customers and Clients Well - This creates a positive social impact among people. It promotes the positive mental health aspects associated with positive attitudes and happiness.
- Communicating a Positive Message - Marketers communicate the activities of the company to the outside world. Community awareness reinforces the importance of socially responsible activities by a company.
In summary, there are numerous manners in which marketing practice can be done in socially responsible manner. While this type of activity may incur additional costs, it is generally understood to create
- What is Marketing?
- Role of Marketing in the Organization
- Role of Marketing in Society
- Micro and Macro Marketing
- Why Does Marketing Matter?
- Purpose of Marketing
- Tasks of Marketing
- Marketing Affects the Economy
- Marketing Changes over Time
- What is the Marketing Concept?
- Relationships Matter in Marketing
- End User
- What do Marketing Managers Do?
- What is a Marketing Program?
- Role of Ethics in Marketing
- Social Responsibility and Marketing
- Marketing and Sustainability