Role of Marketing in Society - Explained
What is the Role of Marketing Society?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is the Role of Marketing in Society?
What is the Role of Marketing in Society?
The role of marketing in society is to:
- Provide Goods and Services - The essence of a market involves the exchange of value in the form of goods, services, and information. Marketing makes people aware of those goods and services - whether those goods are a basic need or a personal want.
- Public Service Announcements - A critical role of marketing is to disseminate important information to the public. PSAs are generally disseminated by the Government or designated Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
- Non-Profits - Non-profits exist for the public good. As such, making individuals aware of that public good is essential to the non-profit mission.