Total Preventative Maintenance - Explained
What is Total Preventative Maintenance?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)?
What is Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM)?
Total Preventative Maintenance seeks to anticipate equipment failures through routine maintenance.
TPM includes the following activities:
- Regular Maintenance activities - These activities are normally carried out the operator in order to prevent equipment deterioration.
- Periodic Inspection - Operators assess the condition of equipment on regular time intervals in order to avoid breakdowns.
- Preventative Repairs - Operators make repairs to equipment to remedy deterioration prior to breakdown.