Facility Location Considerations (Operations) - Explained
What are the considerations for facility location?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat are the Considerations for a Facility Location?
What are the Considerations for a Facility Location?
Facility location considerations include:
- Proximity to Customers: This relates to the cost of delivery of product or service.
- Proximity to suppliers: This involves the need for raw materials and resources. It also involves logistics channels and costs.
- Proximity to labor: This involves population, skills, and wage/benefit costs.
- Government policy: This involves zoning laws, tax policies, activity regulations, etc.
- Availability of the necessary infrastructure: This involves access to usable space, logistics systems, etc.