Back to: Business Management
What is the GLOBE Project?
The GLOBE project is an international research project aimed at creating, testing, and validating theories retailed to the relationship between culture and societal, organizational, and leadership effectiveness. The GLOBE project identified the following nine dimensions of culture.
- Performance Orientation – This concerns one’s disposition toward performance and incentivizes performance improvement.
- Uncertainty Avoidance – This concerns one’s disposition toward unpredictable outcomes from actions.
- Assertiveness – This concerns one’s aggressiveness and deposition toward confrontation.
- Power Distance – This concerns one’s disposition toward the unequal disposition of power within the organization.
- Gender Egalitarianism – This concerns the disposition toward gender equality and equity rights or opportunities for women.
- Institutional Collectivism – This refers to one’s strength of association with a group or organization.
- Humane Orientation – This concerns one disposition to rewards for being fair, altruistic, generous, and kind to others.
- Future Orientation – This concerns one’s disposition toward long-term planning and future benefits (at the expense of immediate gratification).