Sales & Marketing
Understanding Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
BACK TO: COURSE CATALOG
Overview: This material covers topics taught in Marketing, Sales, Advertising, and Public Relations Courses within a business school.
Principles of Marketing
Role of Marketing
Importance of Marketing
- Why Does Marketing Matter?
- Purpose of Marketing
- Tasks of Marketing
- Marketing Affects the Economy
- Marketing Changes over Time
Marketing and Customers
Who are Marketers?
- Marketing - Why is Growth Important?
- How We Judge the Value of New Ideas
- What is Return on Investment?
- What is Time to Profit?
- Market Share
- Market Leader
- What is Product Development?
- What is Market Development?
- What is Market Penetration?
- What is Diversification?
- What is Competitive Advantage?
Measuring Marketing Effect
- 4Ps (sometimes 5, 6, or 7 Ps) of Marketing Definition
- Elements of a Good Marketing Strategy?
- What is a Marketing Plan?
- Outline for Marketing Plan
- The Mission and Product/Service Statement
- Situation Analysis
- Target Market
- Marketing Objectives and Goals
- Marketing Strategy
- 5 Ps Product
- 5 Ps Price
- 5 Ps Promotion
- 5 Ps Placement
- 5 Ps Packaging
- 5 Ps People
- 5 Ps Physical Environment
- 5 Ps Process
- Action Plan
Markets and Targeting
- What is Target Marketing?
- What is Market Segmentation?
- How Many Segments to Target?
- How Do We Segment Consumer Markets?
- Benefit Segmentation
- How Do We Segment Business Markets?
- Using Data for Market Segmentation
- Buying Power Index
Customers as Targets
- What is Customer Relationship Management?
- What is Behavioral Targeting?
- What is Positioning?
- What is a Positioning Statement?
- What is a Perceptual Map?
Culture and Targets
Research and Marketing
Overview of Research
- Marketing Research Overview
- Determining the Right Marketing Strategy
- What is a Marketing Information System?
Marketing and Data
- What Kinds of Data can we Use?
- Methods of Collecting Data
- What is Use of Statistics
Challenges of Marketing Research
- What is a Product?
- What Components do Products Include?
Consumers and Products
- What is Product Quality?
- Why is Product Packaging Important?
- What is Product Warranty?
Objectives of Branding
- What Does "Place" or "Placement" Mean?
- What is a Distribution Channel?
- What is Direct Distribution and Indirect Distribution
- What is Multi-Channel Distribution?
- What is a Channel System?
- Vertical Market
- Vertical Integration
Approaches to Distribution
- What is the Right Price for a Product?
- Competition-Driven Pricing
- Profit-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Sales-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Status Quo Pricing Strategy
- Value-Based Pricing Strategy
- Penetration Pricing Strategy
- Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) Definition
- Price Skimming
- Why Give Discounts?
- Trade Allowances
- Charging for Product Transportation
- What is Promotion?
- What is Advertising?
- What is Publicity?
- What is Public Relations?
- What is Sales Promotion?
Assessment of Promotion
- Advertising Plan
- Advertising Allowance
- Advertising Appropriation
- Traditional Advertising Tools
- Aspect Ratio Definition
- Contextual Advertising Definition
- Retargeting Definition
- Media Effect Definition
- Hierarchy of Effects Theory Definition
- AAAA Spot Contract Definition
- American Advertising Federation Definition
- DAGMAR Definition
Approaches to Advertising
Internet & Search Engine
- Black Hat SEO Definition
- Canonical Tag Definition
- Content Tags Definition & Explanation
- Landing Page Definition
- Long Tail Keywords Definition
- Link Building Definition
- Pay Per Click Definition
- Click Fraud Definition
- Click Through Rate Definition
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Content Tags Definition & Explanation
- Cost Per Click Definition
- Cost Per Impression (CPM) Definition
- Daily Active Users
- Page Rank Definition
- Push Notifications
- Domain Authority Definition
- Doorway Page Definition
- Paid Search Marketing Definition
- Internet Search Marketing
- Search Terms Definition
- Search Engine Definition
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Definition
- Search Engine Reputation Management Definition
- Search Engine Results Page Definition
- Quality Score (Web Marketing) Definition
- Web Syndication Definition
- White Hat SEO Definition
- Organic Search Definition
- Outbound Links Definition
- Daily Active Users Definition
- Mobile Marketing
- Brand Stacking
- Adware Definition
- Banner Advertising
- Native Advertising
Social MediaOther Advertising Methods
- What do Salespeople Do?
- Sales Process
- Sales Communication
- Relationship Management
- Measuring Sales
How has Technology Affected Personal Selling?
- Point of Purchase or Sale
- How Should We Compensate our Salespeople?
- Back Door Selling
- Assortment Strategy
- Cold Calling
- Value Added Reseller
- Outside Sales
- Captive Pricing
Business to Business Marketing
- Types of Customer
- Business Customers are Different from Consumers
- What Drives Purchase Decisions?
- Types of Purchase Decisions
- Who Makes Purchase Decisions?
- Role of the Business Buying Center
- Identifying Options for Purchase
- Benefits/Detriments of B2B Relationships
- What is Included in a Business Relationship?
- What are Kickbacks a Bad Thing?