Sales & Marketing (UNDER DEVELOPMENT)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
BACK TO: COURSE CATALOG
Overview: This material covers topics taught in Marketing, Sales, Advertising, and Public Relations Courses within a business school.
Principles of Marketing
- What is Marketing?
- Role of Marketing in the Organization
- Role of Marketing in Society
- Micro and Macro Marketing
- Purpose of Marketing
- Why Does Marketing Matter?
- Tasks of Marketing
- Marketing Affects the Economy
Marketing Changes over Time
- Marketing Changes Over Time - Trade
- Marketing Changes Over Time - Production
- Marketing Changes Over Time - Sales
- Marketing Changes Over Time - Satisfaction
- What is the Marketing Concept?
- Relationships Matter in Marketing
- Role of Ethics in Marketing
- Social Responsibility and Marketing
- Marketing and Sustainability
- What do Marketing Managers Do?
- What is a Marketing Strategy?
- What is Target Marketing?
- 4Ps (sometimes 5, 6, or 7 Ps) of Marketing Definition
- Elements of a Good Marketing Strategy?
- What is a Marketing Plan?
- What is Marketing Analytics?
- What is Customer Lifetime Value?
- What is a Marketing Program?
Marketing - Why is Growth Important?
- How Does Marketing Achieve Business Growth?
- What is Market Penetration?
- What is Market Development?
- What is Product Development?
- What is Diversification?
- What is Competitive Advantage?
- What is a Market?
- How Do We Describe Markets?
- What is Market Segmentation?
- What Makes Good Market Segments?
- How Many Segments to Target?
- How Do We Segment Consumer Markets?
- How Do We Segment Business Markets?
- Using Data for Market Segmentation
- What is Customer Relationship Management?
- What is Behavioral Targeting?
- What is Positioning?
- What is a Positioning Statement?
- What is a Perceptual Map?
Research and Marketing
- Determining the Right Marketing Strategy
- What is a Marketing Information System?
- What are Decision Support Systems?
- What are Marketing Models?
- What is a Marketing Dashboard?
Marketing Research Overview
- What is the Marketing Research Process?
- What Kinds of Data can we Use?
- Methods of Collecting Data
- What are Focus Groups?
- What are Scanner Data?
- What is Web Tracking?
- What is Ethnography?
- What is Experimental Research?
- What are Statistics and How are they Used?
- What Distorts the Results of Marketing Research?
- Challenges of International Market Research?
- What is a Product?
- How are Goods Different from Services?
- What is Product Quality?
- What Components do Products Include?
- What is Product Packaging Important?
- What is Branding?
- What is Brand Image?
- What is Brand Recognition?
- What is Brand Loyalty?
- What is Brand Equity?
- What are Private Brands?
- What is Product Warranty?
What Types of Product are There?
- What Types of Consumer Products are There?
- What Types of Business Products are There?
- What Does "Place" or "Placement" Mean?
What is a Distribution Channel?
- Understanding Distribution Channels
- Assortment Strategy
- Discrepancy of Assortment
- Discrepancy of Quantity
- What is Direct Distribution and Indirect Distribution
- What is Multi-Channel Distribution?
- What is a Channel System?
- Channel Conflict
- Vertical Integration
- Vertical Market
- Vertical Marketing System
- Ideal Market Exposure
- Intensive Distribution
- Selective Distribution
- Exclusive Distribution
- What is Promotion?
- What is Advertising?
- What is Publicity?
- What is Public Relations?
- What is Sales Promotion?
- What is Personal Selling?
- What is Communication?
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- What are the Goals of Promotion?
- What is the AIDA Model?
- Push Strategy vs Pull Strategy
- Innovation Adoption Curve
- Product Life Cycle
- What is the Right Price for a Product?
- Profit-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Sales-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Status Quo Pricing Strategy
- Value-Based Pricing Strategy
- Penetration Pricing Strategy
- Price Skimming
- Why Give Discounts?
- Trade Allowances
- Charging for Product Transportation
- Legal Issues with Pricing
- Consumer Decision-Making Process
- Behavioral Targeting Definition
- Need-Motivated Consumer Decisions
- Types of Consumer Decisions
Things that Effect Consumer Decisions
- Economic Conditions
- Psychological Factors
- Consumer Perception
- Consumer Learning
- Social Influences
- Cultural Characteristics
- External Circumstances
Business to Business Marketing
- Types of Customer
- Business Customers are Different from Consumers
- What Drives Purchase Decisions?
- Types of Purchase Decisions
- Who Makes Purchase Decisions?
- Role of the Business Buying Center
- Identifying Options for Purchase
- Benefits of B2B Relationships
- Drawbacks of B2B Relationships
- What is Included in a Business Relationship?
- What are Kickbacks a Bad Thing?
Internet & Search Engine Marketing
- Black Hat SEO Definition
- Canonical Tag Definition
- Content Tags Definition & Explanation
- Landing Page Definition
- Long Tail Keywords Definition
- Link Building Definition
- Pay Per Click Definition
- Click Fraud Definition
- Click Through Rate Definition
- Conversion Rate Opimization
- Content Tags Definition & Explanation
- Cost Per Click Definition
- Cost Per Impression (CPM) Definition
- Page Rank Definition
- Domain Authority Definition
- Doorway Page Definition
- Paid Search Marketing Definition
- Internet Search Marketing
- Search Terms Definition
- Search Engine Definition
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Definition
- Search Engine Reputation Management Definition
- Search Engine Results Page Definition
- Quality Score (Web Marketing) Definition
- Web Syndication Definition
- White Hat SEO Definition
- Organic Search Definition
- Outbound Links Definition
- Always Be Closing Definition
- Always Be Closing (Sales Strategy) Definition
- Back Door Selling Definition
- Activity Quota Definition
- Absolute Auction Definition
- Adaptive Selling Definition
- BANT Definition
- Big Box Retailer Definition
- Brokerage Fee Definition
- Caveat Emptor Definition
- Line Sheet Definition
- Closing Ratio Definition
Cold Calling Definition
- Suggestive Selling Definition
- Value Added Reseller Definition
- Wholesaling Definition
- White Label Product Definition
- Rainmaker Definition
- Inside Sales Definition
- Reverse Auction Definition
- Sales Methodology Definition
- Sales Mix Definition
- Sealed Bid Auction Definition
- Relationship Management Definition
- Qualified Lead (Sales & Marketing) Definition
- Push Notifications Definition
- Pop-Up Retail Definition
- Point of Purchase Definition
- Point of Sale Definition
- Outside Sales Definition
- Net Promoter Score Definition
- Infomercial Definition
- Hard Sell Definition
- Dutch Auction Definition & Explanation
- Cross-Sell Definition
- Customer Relationship Management Definition
- Advertising Allowance Definition
- Advertising Appropriation Definition
- Advertorial Definition
- Adware Definition
- Banner Advertising Definition
- Aspect Ratio Definition
- Contextual Advertising Definition
- Retargeting Definition
- Media Effect Definition
- Media Kit Definition
- Native Advertising Definition
- Hierarchy of Effects Theory Definition
- AAAA Spot Contract Definition
- American Advertising Federation Definition
- DAGMAR Definition
- Marketing Plan - Defined
- Outline for Marketing Plan
- The Mission and Product/Service Statement
- Situation Analysis
- Target Market
- Marketing Objectives and Goals
- Marketing Strategy
- 5 Ps Product
- 5 Ps Price
- 5 Ps Promotion
- 5 Ps Placement
- 5 Ps Packaging
- 5 Ps People
- 5 Ps Physical Environment
- 5 Ps Process
- Action Plan
Random Marketing Concepts
Other Marketing Concepts
- Cost Per Acquisition Definition
- Disjunctive Model (Marketing Research) Definition
- Drip Marketing Definition
- Durable Goods Defined
- Grey Market Imports Definition
- Bundling Definition
- Kano Analysis Definition
- Competition-Driven Pricing Definition
- Consumer Theory Definition
- Data On-Boarding Definition
- Affiliate Marketing Definition
- Buying Power Index Definition
- Captive Pricing Definition
- Channel Stuffing Definition
- Chartered Market Analyst Definition
- Chartered Market Technician Definition
- Churn Rate Definition
- Primary vs Secondary Market Definition
- A B Split Definition
- Growth Hacking Definition
- Guerrilla Marketing Definition
- Law of 29 Definition & Explanation
- End User Definition
- Positioning Statement Definition
- Market Leader Definition
- Market Research Definition
- Network Marketing Definition
- New to Market Definition
- Market Segmentation Definition
- Market Segmentation Theory Definition
- Market Share Definition
- Product Placement Definition
- Segment (Market or Business) Definition
- Vertical Market Definition
- Traditional Marketing Tools
- Word of Mouth Marketing Definition
- Telemarketing Definition
- Value Based Pricing Definition
- Value-Based Pricing Definition
- Penetration Pricing Definition
- Perceived Value Definition
- Mobile Marketing Definition
- Multi-Level Marketing Definition
- Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) Definition
- Markdown Definition
- Law of 29 Definition & Explanation
- Influencer Marketing Definition
- Daily Active Users Definition