Basic Business Accounting Requirements
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
- Professionalism & Career Development
Below is an outline of the general accounting considerations for a small business.
What is Operational Accounting?
- General Bookkeeping Procedures (Separate from Owners)
- Income Statement
- Statement of Cash Flow
- Balance Sheet
What is Payroll Accounting?
- State and Federal Income Taxes (Withholding and Estimated Taxes)
- Social Security and Medicare (FICA)
- Unemployment Tax (FUTA) and (SUTA)
What is Tax Accounting?
- Often prepare Operational Accounting books to account for tax consequences of operational decisions.
Back to: ACCOUNTING, TAX, & REPORTING