Methods of Resolving Breach of Contract - Explained
How to Settle a Contract Dispute
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat methods exist for resolving a breach of a contract?Discussion QuestionAcademic Research
What methods exist for resolving a breach of a contract?
There are several remedies or solutions available for a breach of contract:
- Negotiated Settlement - The parties may work out a satisfactory solution to most breaches of contract is resolved by the parties themselves through voluntary negotiated settlements.
- Arbitration - The parties may agree to submit their dispute to a neutral third party or parties to resolve the dispute.
- Litigation - The parties seek to enforce their contract rights in a court of law.
All of these methods are discussed in greater detail in other chapters of this text.
Next Article: Damages in Breach of Contract Action Back to: CONTRACT LAW
- When is a party's Duty of performance?
- What is an Executed contract vs an Executory contract?
- What is Performance, Substantial Performance, and Breach of a contract?
- What is performance of a Divisible Contract?
- When is a party's duty of performance discharged?
- What are conditions to Contract (Precedent & Subsequent)?
- What is tender performance of a contract?
- What are Impossibility and Impracticability
- What is a Frustration of Purpose?
- Waiver or Release from Contract
- What is a Breach of Contract?
- Acceleration Clause (Contracts) Definition
- What remedies exist for a breach of contract?
- What is Efficient Breach?
What are the benefits of pursuing each of the available methods of resolving a breach of contract?